>

Connecting The Community

Save The Habitat, Adopt Sustainable Living

Akanksha Foundation for Music and Performing Arts

 A Dance Academy In Our Neighbourhood


Being a south-Indian, I was always drawn towards Bharatanatyam and nurtured a passion since my childhood. Due to several unforeseen circumstances, I could not pursue it during my years in Mumbai. Post my marriage, I moved to New Delhi around 12 years ago and became a resident of C.R.Park. And it is here that I met Nanditha Mazumdar, a well-known Bharatanatyam dancer and Guru.

Initially, I was not aware that she was a dancer. We became friends through our children who went to the same play school. But when she disclosed about her dance and the fact that she teaches too, I couldn’t resist myself. I jumped at the opportunity and joined her academy on the auspicious occasion of Vijayadashmi Here was a chance for me to fulfill my passion and dream.

I have not regretted my decision even once. My Guru, Nanditha Mazumdar, has been an excellent teacher and a great person to know. She is very good with her disciples, teaching and guiding them beautifully and bringing out the best in each student of the academy. Even though I am the oldest in the academy in terms of age, yet I feel like one of the other younger students. We are like a large family where all the students interact closely with each other and join hands for all celebrations, especially when we have birthdays.

The Academy is 8 years old in this neighbourhood and has a friendly atmosphere. I feel fortunate and blessed to be a student of Guru Nanditha Mazumdar, and so does every student of the academy. My daughter too is now a disciple of this lovely Guru.

With such a good dance academy in the neighbourhood, I feel it is my duty to write and make the residents of C.R.Park and the neighbouring areas aware about it.

Mrs.Usha Devendranath
#88004 43770
ushanat@rediffmail.com


green habitat environment organic living


green habitat environment organic living

green habitat environment organic living

green habitat environment organic living

green habitat environment organic living



Share:
Location: Chittaranjan, New Delhi, Delhi, India

0 comments:

CREATIVE CAREERS IN ART ARCITECTURE AND DESIGN

Featured Post

DO NOT FEED THE PIGEONS

The Misery Of The  Pigeon Triangle Residents of CR Park, have very seriously taken up the cudgels to re – instate a green cover in plac...

Articles & Stories

Search This Blog

Enquiry Form

Name

Email *

Message *